01 02 03 Twinkling Tina Cooks: A to Z Challenge Day #10 - J Jam Filled Cookies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A to Z Challenge Day #10 - J Jam Filled Cookies

34
People its time for J today and I have something really special today. I used to love them as a kid – but they were like these imported Danish cookies, now you get a lot of these in the Indian market but last weekend I made my own.  
And presenting to you my Jam filled cookies… Ta da ….




I have made a combo of spiced cookie filled with blueberry jam. You can actually use any jam/fruit preserve for this one. While baking them I was thinking if I’ll do a good job but when I tasted I was quite happy with myself. 

There are many photos in this post and they are lil big, so might take few secs to load depending on your net speed.

So without much Ado lets get into it.…

All that you need


  1. All purpose Flour – 2 cups
  2. Icing Sugar – 1 cup
  3. Un- salted Butter – 1 cup
  4. Salt – 1 teaspoon
  5. Egg – 2  (yolks)
  6. Grated Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
  7. Grated Nut Meg – 1 teaspoon
  8. Jam – for each cookie (you can use your favorite jam)


Let’s get the cookie Crumbling

1. In a mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar.

2. Add the egg yolks and mix. It will not be runny.

3. In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients – flour, spices and salt.

4. Now incorporate the dry ingredients with the wet one.

It will be like a pie dough. Do not knead the dough, we don’t want gluten here.


5. Rest this dough in the freezer for 15 – 20 mins.

6. Roll out the dough on your counter or on a baking paper and use cookie cutters for your desired shape.
I am using the heart shape cookie cutter from this bunch. You can use any shape that you like.



7. First cut out the full hearts and then cut out a smaller heart from half of them.
That is the pocket in which we’ll put our jam.



8. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 - 18 minutes at 180 degrees C.

Rest the cookies for few minutes when out from the oven.

Arrange the cookies in a plate and layer jam on the full hearts.
Put the hearts with the cut out on top and add some more jam. Dust some icing sugar on the cookies for the added glamour!



And you are good to enjoy them now.

Wasn’t that really easy and awesome?


-------------------------------------------------------------

Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2014 for Day #10 - post starting with J. 
Visit A to Z and read awesome posts by bloggers. 
I am also participating in this challenge from my writing blog and I'm writing fiction this time. Visit The Sunny Side of Life and show some love.

-------------------------------------------------------------



Leave a comment below if you liked my cookies and want me to share some more recipes.



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38