01 02 03 Twinkling Tina Cooks: A to Z Challenge Day #20 - T for Tea Cake 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A to Z Challenge Day #20 - T for Tea Cake

34
What do we have today for T. I had initially thought of doing a Tarte Strawberry or a strawberry tart bu then now its not the season of strawberries here anymore. Last weekend I went to the super-market and then the hyper market but no strawberry anywhere, so I had to change the plan and I am here sharing an equally indulgent recipe of Tea Cake!

Tea Cakes can be made in so many different ways. I like the ones which have nuts and spices. So I am sharing a recipe of Walnut & Date Tea Cake with Cinnamon twist…. Okay complicated name? It’s a simple tea cake which has walnut, dates and cinnamon. This one is my Mom –in-law’s recipe. She does some great baking. She is visiting us next week and I am sure we’ll have some great baking recipes once she is here.


All that you need

  1. Flour – 2 ½ cups + 1 tablespoon
  2. Sugar – 1 cup
  3. Butter – 1 cup
  4. Eggs – 2
  5. Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
  6. Walnut – ½ cup chopped
  7. Dry Dates – ¼ cup chopped
  8. Cinnamon – 1 stick powdered
  9. Vanilla Essence – 1 tablespoon

How to make it

Cream butter and sugar and eggs. Add vanilla extract.

In a small bowl take the chopped dry fruits and mix them with 1 tablespoon flour.

Tip: This will prevent them from sinking within the cake.

In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon

Pour the wet ingredients in the flour mixture and mix until a smooth batter.

Add the dry fruits and mix well.

Rest this batter for 5 – 10 minutes

Pour the batter in a greased cake tin / baking dish and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.


And your yummy tea cake is ready. Enjoy with your evening tea /coffee or actually at anytime.




Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe and you want me to share some more



--------------------------------------------------------------
Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2014 for Day #20 - post starting with T. 
Visit A to Z and read awesome posts by bloggers. 
I am also participating in this challenge from my writing blog and I'm writing fiction this time. Visit The Sunny Side of Life and show some love.
--------------------------------------------------------------









Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38