01 02 03 Twinkling Tina Cooks: A to Z Challenge Day #21 - U for Uber Cup Cake 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A to Z Challenge Day #21 - U for Uber Cup Cake

34
Hello people we are on your 21st day… yay.. I survived! And hopefully I’ll survive for the next five days as well. So what do I have for my U post? It’s rather difficult to figure out something cool and indulgent with a letter called U… so I thought of this uber cool indulgent cup cake [ I am like crazy about cup cakes]. It’s like an overdoze chocolate cup cake for all chocolate lovers. Now since I find this super cool I named it Uber Cup Cakes! That’s all I can think of right now!

There is dark chocolate, cocoa, chocolate chip and a super chocolate frosting! So it’s all ‘chocolaty’ to the core.



Now I can’t write a lot now because I am doing the panna cotta for tomorrow post!

Let’s get into it

All that you need

This recipe makes 6 cup cakes

  1. All purpose flour – 1 1/3 cup
  2. Butter – ½ cup softened
  3. Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
  4. Eggs – 2 whole
  5. Sugar – 1 ½ cup
  6. Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
  7. Salt- a pinch
  8. Dark chocolate – ½ cup melted
  9. Chocolate chips – 2-3 tablespoon

For the frosting
  1. Dark chocolate -  ½ cup softened [you could also use white chocolate, will look good in photos, but taste wise it has to be dark chocolate for me]
  2. Butter – ½ cup
  3. Confectioners’ sugar – 1/3 cup


Let’s Get started

In a double boiler melt the dark chocolate.
Visit the Tiny Tip Section for more information on melting chocolate

In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.

Take a tablespoon of flour from here in a small bowl and mix the chocolate chips in that.
[This will prevent them from going down within the cake]

In a separate mixing bowl cream butter and sugar and add the molten chocolate

Combine the flour mix at a time and mix into the wet ingredients.

Add the chocolate chips and mix in the batter.

Line a muffin tray with paper liners.

Scoop out the batter in the muffin liners and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 15-17 minutes.

For the frosting

In a mixing bowl incorporate butter and sugar till they cream nicely

Add the softened chocolate and mix till it turns smooth.

Pour it in a piping bag and rest it for 10 minutes

Please start frosting on the cup cakes once they have cooled down and not when they are just out from the oven.

SO there you go the Uber Cup Cake is here to dig in.




Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe and you want me to share some more




--------------------------------------------------------------
Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2014 for Day #21 - post starting with U. 
Visit A to Z and read awesome posts by bloggers. 
I am also participating in this challenge from my writing blog and I'm writing fiction this time. Visit The Sunny Side of Life and show some love.
--------------------------------------------------------------







Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38