01 02 03 Twinkling Tina Cooks: A to Z challenge Day # 7 - G for garlic Prawns 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A to Z challenge Day # 7 - G for garlic Prawns

34
We are on our seventh day in the challenge and I am happy that I have not missed posting a single day… So unlike me. Now I don’t have any more saved posts and I am literally posting every day, here and in my writing blog too, apart from a day job, a house to manage… phew.. that’s a daunting task I can see.

Anyways as promised we have G for Garlic Prawn today.



All that you Need

1. White Prawns – 250 g (cleaned, shelled and de-veined)
2. Vegetable Oil - 3 table spoon
3. Onion – 2 tablespoon – chopped
4. Garlic – 2 tablespoon – crushed
5. Red Chilli Flakes – ½ teaspoon
6. Salt & Pepper to taste
7. Sambal Belacan Sauce – 1/3 cup [this is a Malaysian favourite, in case you       don’t have you can use any shrimp paste sauce]
8. Spring Onion – 1 finely chopped for garnishing
9. Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon

Let’s Get Started

1. Marinate the prawns with little salt and lemon juice and keep aside for 10 minutes.

2. In a wok heat oil in medium flame, fry the prawns for about 3 minutes and keep aside.

3. In the same oil and add garlic and onions and fry till onion turns translucent.

4. Add the Sambal Belacan paste/ shrimp paste and fry till oil comes out from the sides.

5. Add red chilli flakes and seasoning.

6.Add the fried prawns, cover and cook for 4 minutes.

Garnish with spring onions and serve.

You can enjoy it with fried rice, noodles or even white rice.


-------------------------------------------------------------

Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2014 for Day #7 - post starting with G. 
Visit A to Z and read awesome posts by bloggers. 
I am also participating in this challenge from my writing blog and I'm writing fiction this time. Visit The Sunny Side of Life and show some love.
-----------------------------------------------------------



Leave a comment below if you liked my recipe and want me to share some more recipes. 







Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38