01 02 03 Twinkling Tina Cooks: A to Z Challenge Day # 8 - H for Hamburger 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A to Z Challenge Day # 8 - H for Hamburger

34
Okay, so what I have today is really indulgent… actually as indulgent as you can get. It’s the day for H and I have Hamburger!!! You think not that great…. Wait till you get to the end of the post. We went to Hard Rock few weeks back where we had some great burgers and it was like Mammoth burger and juicy like hell… I was thinking of recreating it for long and here I am recreating a similar stuff for my A to Z challenge.

And here’s the first look of it.



Isn’t it huge… I was so tempted to name it The Mammoth Burger or The Towering Burger… but I had to do it with H so its going to be just Hamburger.. or may be a High Burger!!

Now let’s get into making it

All you need

  1. Ground Meat – ½ kg [it’s usually done with ground meet, but I didn’t get good fresh beef so am using Lamb mince]
  2. Bacon – 3-4 strips
  3. Garlic – 4-5 cloves minced
  4. Onion – ½ cup thinly sliced and few onion rings
  5. Red Paprika – 1 teaspoon
  6. Tomato – 1 sliced
  7. Cheese Slice – according to your wish! [I am using Cheddar you can use absolutely any cheese that you want]
  8. Oil – 1 tablespoon
  9. Sugar – ½ teaspoon
  10. Mayo, ketchup and seasoning – according to taste


Let’s get rolling

You can do it on a grill, on the BBQ or even on the gas stove. I am doing it on the gas stove.

In a bowl bring ground meat, minced garlic, salt, pepper, red paprika and mix together nicely.

Make the burger patty out of it and keep aside.

We are going to have a layer of caramelized onion for that added flavor.

In a griddle heat oil and add sliced onion. Add sugar and fry till onions are caramelized

Take out the onions and keep aside.

In the same oil put fry the burger patty. Cover and cook so that it cooks evenly on both sides. If you have good meat it will release lot of fat. I cook for 4 minutes each side on high flame and then again for 2 more minutes on each side.

Tip: Make the patty bigger because when you fry it will shrink as it lets out oil.

Grill some onion rings and tomato.

Last fry the bacon.

Tip: When you fry bacon you get too much of lard so I do it at the end and then store the lard. It works amazing for savory pie dough.

Now that you have everything ready you need to assemble the High Burger!
Toast the burger buns for 2 minutes > spread a layer of mayo (I am using garlic mayo) > add your patty, cheese slice, onion rings, grilled tomato (you can us pickled cucumber as well), bacon,caramelized onions> add BBQ sauce / chili sauce/ hot ketchup and then finally the top bun.

You can add as many layers as you want actually, there’s no stopping there

And then just indulge and enjoy the moment.

I served with some potato wedges (didn’t do French fry to cut down on oil! Can you believe that!)




Let me know how you liked my High Burger.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2014 for Day #8 - post starting with H. 
Visit A to Z and read awesome posts by bloggers. 
I am also participating in this challenge from my writing blog and I'm writing fiction this time. Visit The Sunny Side of Life and show some love.

-------------------------------------------------------------



Leave a comment below if you liked my recipe and want me to share some more recipes. 










Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38