01 02 03 Twinkling Tina Cooks: #AtoZChallenge2016 Day 1 - Apple & Banana Smoothie 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

#AtoZChallenge2016 Day 1 - Apple & Banana Smoothie

34

It’s first April and my ‘Healthy Living & healthy Eating’ challenge has begun. I am about to share all healthy recipes in here this month. So if you are thinking about some healthy food, all greens and soups keep coming here throughout April. What I am trying to do this month is - no processed food, no cheese, no deep frying, lots of greens and fruits. Sounds exciting?

Okay, first things first, I’ll quickly give you today’s recipe that’s starting with A. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you say A for?? Apple of course!! Thanks to my infant son I have loads of Apple lying around so it was my obvious choice.

It’s super hot in India right now. I don’t know if we are again waiting for another heatwave this year. You need to keep yourself hydrated all the time and yet keep in mind about the nutrition. I have chucked out aerated beverages from my life forever and also the packaged fruit drinks. I now firmly believe in making my own beverages. Thus today I give you Apple and Banana Smoothie!





HEALTH BENEFIT

Any smoothie with banana in it is super food for you. 

Bananas are rich source of potassium 

They help in maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function

Also a great source healthy carbohydrate.

Remember how athletes always munch on bananas?

Apples are a good source of dietary fiber, important antioxidants and flavanoids.




                                                                                                                                                                                           
Apple & Banana Smoothie  Print Friendly and PDF

Prep Time
Cook Time
Total Time
 5 min
2 min
7 min
 
Recipe Type: Beverage
Serves: 2 Glasses

INGREDIENTS
  • Apple – 1
  • Banana -1
  • Lime juice – 1 teaspoon
  • Skimmed Milk – ½ cup
  • Sugar – optional – to taste

[I would suggest you skip this added sugar. Apple and Banana itself is sweet enough].


INSTRUCTIONS

I love smoothies for this because all you need to do is blend!
  • Blend everything in a blender and serve with some mint leaves or Banana slices!

TIP

  • The lime juice will make sure the apple and banana don't turn black!
  • You can easily give this to your toddler. They’ll have a hearty snack! To a toddler  mind you not an infant. Infant’s should have apples only in stewed / boiled form. That’s what my paed recommends.

Enjoy a good healthy snack.


Until next time, Cheers!

P.S. How do you like my new Blog Post layout? Let me know if you are finding this user friendly. 


***
This post is written for the A to Z Challenge 2016 for Day 1 Letter A. Visit A to ZBlogChatter to read other beautiful bloggers!


Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38